Sunday, March 29, 2009

Days Eight & Nine: LA to San Diego

Oy. Where to begin! It's been a crazy couple of days and I haven't really had the chance to blog. After our night at the Sherton, we packed it up and moved down the street to the Ocean View Inn which was way less ritzy, but a much better deal. And, it was right across from the pier which was an awesome location. I had just enough time once we checked in to head on out to go see Chelsea Lately! It just so happens that our hotel was only 2 miles from the studio where they shoot the show! I was so glad I didn't have to drive into downtown LA. I ended up going to the show by myself because Ben wasn't feeling well and wanted to rest. It turns out, that was the best thing because it's the only reason I got in!!! When I got there, there was already a huge line...but I figured since I had my ticket it wouldn't be a problem. Well, turns out it's only a standby deal, where it's more of a first come first serve basis. I got to the end of the line and found out I was #37 in line of standby only. The guard said there was slim to none chance of me getting in. But one by one, they cut off the line in front saying none gets in after this point. Well, I just stuck around to see and waited til the last minute. It was so crazy! With 3 minutes til showtime, there were 8 people in front of me. The guard came out and said they could let in 4 people. Well, 5 of the girls were together and didn't want to split up, so it was a group of 3 and ME!!! They shuffled us in and I got the last available seat in the very back row. But, I was so excited to be there. The show kicked off and here's the thing about what you see on tv. There is a guy that gets the audience to do whatever he wants them to do. The whole show was very coached by this guy and he told you when to laugh, when to say "ooooh" and "ahhh" and when to clap. It's actually a good idea because you can't really hear the people because it's not amplified.
It was really cool seeing the show. AND! At the very end the guard in front pointed to me and told me to come down and sit in the front row! ME! Some one sitting there had left and they needed to fill the seat! Being by yourself can work in your favor sometimes! And at the end of the show, Chuy (the little nugget) came by and I gave him a big hug! It was so much fun:) Of course I wasn't able to bring my camera or even my cell phone but on the way out, I came back and snapped this photo of Chuy's car, right before I got kicked off the lot for doing so!

I figured it was his car since the license plate says L NUGGET. Haha!

So, I headed back to the hotel. When I got back, Ben and I decided to walk down to the pier to check it out. It was so cool. This is the famous pier that's in alot of movies. We didn't really have enough time to ride any of the rides but it was cool to walk around. I was actually taking a picture of one of the rides, and realized there was an actor sitting on it! I couldn't remember his name, but he's been in a ton of stuff! When I got back, I googled him and his name is Alan Tudyk.

Here are some more pics on the Pier...









After our Pier adventure, we went over to meet up with Billy and Chelsey. They live in Marina del Rey, a short drive from Santa Monica. I was so excited that Ryan and Eric, also from Shiloh High, came out with us! It was so much fun. They took us to an awesome sushi restaurant named Kava down the street from their house.
Billy showing off his new "tats"Sake!!!
Billy and Chelsey

Me, Ryan and Eric

Woke up yesterday and hit the road. As cool as Santa Monica was, we really weren't feeling the whole LA vibe. So, we headed on down the road. But, first, I had to get my shot of the sign. Not such a great shot, but it'll do!
We pulled into San Diego around 8 and just grabbed this shot. Thought it was cool.


Our hotel is awesome, the Gaslamp Plaza Suites. Right in the middle of everything! We went to eat at Rock Bottom Brewery (ok food), then hit a few pubs on the way back. It turns out it's spring break here and the town is packed! We actually slept til 11:30 today! And it was much needed. It's really cold and cloudy today so we just drove around a bit today..I'll post those pics tomorrow!! We have one more full day (with a photo shoot of us tomorrow by the awesome Kim Seidl!) then we are headed home:(. It's a little depressing, but it'll be ok. Ok, gotta go live it up on our last few days!

No comments: