Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Return of the Blog!

I know, I know...I'm a big fat Blog Slacker! But, I make it my New Year's resolution to get back on track with it (and many other things...)
Well, let me catch you up to date on what I've been doing lately. I feel like I've been so busy lately with Engagement Season and all the meetings I've been having with brides. I am so blessed with all the business coming in and feel so fortunate for everything that has been happening lately. Ben (the hubby) and I just recently returned from a really awesome trip to Tampa. I was there attending the annual DWF Photography Convention. It was a blast, and I'm so excited about everything I learned and so ready to use it all on you guys!
The original plan was to stay with Ben's Uncle William and Aunt Edna because they live in Tampa and thought it would be great to see them while we were down there. They are great folks! Edna is a painter and has painted murals all over their amazing house. They also have the cutest little Boston Terrier, Lily who loved hamming it up for the camera. Here are some pics:



Willam and Edna
Edna explains how she designed her painting
Lily gets lost in Wonderland


Lily gets a treat




Well, after a day at William and Edna's I was already tired of the drive to Convention. It was an hour each way and had 5 tolls on the main hwy! So, Ben and I packed our bags and moved into the Hyatt where Convention was being held. It was a little more pricey (alot more actually) but the view from our room was amazing! Here we are looking out onto Tampa Bay:





We also got out for a day and went exploring. We found our way to Clearwater Beach and I got to take some pics.






As always, I was more fascinated with the people than the scenery!
On the way home, we stopped by Homasassa Springs State Park, which is a Manatee rehabilitation center. But there were also other cool creatures lurking there:)





No comments: