Friday, January 25, 2008

On the Road to Athens...

I wouldn't normally post stuff like this on my Photo Blog, but it was just so incredible I just had to. Last night my great friend, Irene and I headed back to our Alma Mater, UGA, to see one of our favorite bands play. The Indigo Girls played at the Classic Center and the opening act was a new favorite of mine, Brandi Carlile. If you've never heard her sing, you're missing out! Her voice just resonates throughout the hall, even without a microphone. They played one song Unplugged, literally! Just acoustic guitar, cello and her voice. It rocked. Totally inspired me to pick up my Cello again and just play. And needless to say the Indigo Girls were wonderful as well. They've been my favorite ever since I heard their Rites of Passage album when I was 15! It's all things Folk and Rock that still moves me to this day.

I would say that music is similar to Photography, to art of any kind really. It's finding different elements, realizing the harmonies they create, discovering how everyone can identify with it, and capturing it for them to enjoy. Cheesy, I know.
Here are some pics of them. I obviously didn't take them...





Here's a video of Brandi's song "Turpentine"...

No comments: